What the Bible says about light and seed

The True Light "In him, (the Lord Jesus) was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world,…the world didn’t recognize him." John 1:4,9.

The Good Seed and the Weeds “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seeds in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. Matthew 13:24,25.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Single Sentence that Saved my Life - Jean-Louis



When I was 14 years old, in deep depression, without any help from friends, relatives or a mental health professional , I was holding a loaded gun to my head and ready to pull the trigger when I heard the soft inner voice of God 
(through the Holy Spirit or an angel, I still don´t know) prompting me: 

" Jean-Louis, put the gun down, as long as there is life, there is hope". 

Since then, I have never reached the point that I wanted to take my life.

This is the single sentence with which God saved my life. He knows everything about you and is able to save you.
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[a] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
Luke 11:9-13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13
 

Jean-Louis.

If you are not born again and desire to know how to be born of the Spirit to a new life in Jesus-Christ, here is a link that will help you understand the process which will help you to put your faith in and know God your Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus-Christ who died for you because of his great love for you.

http://www.gotquestions.org/born-again.html 

1 comment:

  1. Billy Bober: About 10 years ago I was at that same point. I went to visit jim hill and friends in Mooresville. Chuck Moore talked, and prayed over me ..."for comfort and joy"....I had a 2 hour ride home to hendersonville. I kept trying to pull up a word from my mind....I knew it had to do with finishing up your bank account at the end of the month.....non stop for two hours I tried to find the word...confirm,integrate,equalize,balance,resolve,settle....I could not let it go,and could not find the word. I pulled over and called trish....: what do you call it when you total up your bank statement. She said.."reconcile".....blew the top of my head off..so my one sentence was....."Here is comfort and joy, you are reconciled".

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated and helps me in choosing various subjects for my posts. Thank you. Ce blogger apprécie vos commentaires qui l´aident à choisir de nouveaux thèmes.. Seus comentarios são bemvindos e ajudam este blogger na escolha de uma variedade de temas.